The Woodlands – Independent Senior Living by Fairport Baptist Homes
March 27, 2020
We continue to work closely with the NYS Department of Health to implement any new guidelines to help protect our residents and staff. We continue to promote and educate our residents and staff on the CDC’s recommendations on how to prevent illnesses, including COVID-19.
To limit the spread of all respiratory illnesses, the CDC recommends the following actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash, then wash/disinfect your hands after throwing a tissue away.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We are committed to the health and safety of our residents, families, and staff and appreciate your understanding at this time. We will provide updates as new information becomes available.
For additional information, visit the CDC website.